How to Get More Deals From Your Sphere of Influence
For agents that do it right (and consistently), SOI marketing is their #1 source of listings and buy sides. But I talk to a lot of agents each month, and very few are doing it right, if at all.
Here’s the bottom line – if you don’t have a database of your friends, family, leads, coworkers, past clients, etc., and if you aren’t consistently reaching out to them – YOU WILL FOREVER BE ON THE HAMSTER WHEEL OF REAL ESTATE.
When you keep in touch with your SOI, remind them what you do, and ask for referrals, guess what? You get referrals. Nothing worse than being at the BBQ and finding out one of your friends just bought a house. It’s not their fault that they didn’t think of you, it’s yours. You didn’t keep in touch.
OK, let’s build you a SOI marketing system.
I’m going to show you an easy way to keep in touch, and a little more involved, but ultimately much more effective.
If you’ve been in real estate for more than 5 minutes, you’ve had the importance of keeping in contact with your sphere of influence drilled into until your ears were bleeding. But did you listen? Be honest.
Do you know why it’s so important? Because it works. To be honest, my mother would forget I’m a mortgage broker unless I told her every time I saw her.
Let’s get started:
Easy System to keep in touch with your SOI.
This is the system I use for my newsletters to past clients family friends – everyone I know or meet gets a newsletter from me. .
What you need:
- Subscription to Mailchimp. Cost starts at $13/month for 500 contacts. More contacts, price goes up. I like Mailchimp because it easy to use, looks good and reliable.
- Subscription of Keeping Current Matters. I don’t want to write new content each month, and I like their articles. Comes with graphics and everything. About $30/month
- If you want to write your own content, go for it. But it’s just one more thing on your plate, and when you get busy, it won’t get done.
- Another option is to put some market data from your MLS. But I like to put a little variety in the newsletter.
- 2-4 hours per month of your time. This depends on whether you send once, twice or four times a month. I send twice a month. I get a good open rate and never rarely get unsubscribes. Better yet, train your assistant to do it.
BTW: I just got a referral from a past client last week. His sister-in-law is moving to Los Angeles, and wants to buy a condo. Pre-approved her for 900k and sent her to one of the agents I work with.
If starting a newsletter with Mailchimp sounds good to you, let me know. I can do a workshop to walk you through each step of getting it up and running. This way, you watch me do it – much better than writing the steps on a blog.
If you want to attend the workshop, complete the form and submit. I will set a date and time and let you know when it is.
If you’re not a tech person (like Sam) but want to get started with a follow-up system, reach out to me and I will guide you through the process, from A to Z. This is just one of the ways we help agents get more deals closed. And maybe, you will see the value in sending us your buyers so we can get them mortgages. It’s a win-win.
We even have a done-for-you system where we do all the work. Contact us for details.
Call or text Jesse at 562-576-6885.
We Help You Close More Loans
We take our Realtor partnerships seriously. We both have run real estate offices, and although we concentrate on loans right now, we use the over 30 years of combined experience to help our Realtor partners get more business and close more loans.
Here are just some of the ways we help our partner agents:
- Lower rates because of our low overhead. We are a small Mortgage Brokerage and don’t need to charge high rates, like many national and regional banks and lenders do.
- As Mortgage Brokers, we have access to dozens of wholesale lenders, each with their own specialties and strengths. We are able to shop for the best loan product and best rate. In fact, lenders compete for our business!
- We can help you create a business plan, and show you ways to reach your financial and business goals for the year. If you don’t have a business plan, you don’t have a business, you have a hobby.
- We are marketing experts, and can show you how to get more business using organic and paid methods. We use the business plan to identify 3 or 4 avenues of marketing, and create a plan of action to implement and reach your goals.
- We pick up the phone! Even on weekends and evenings. And if we can’t pick up, we get back to you right away. If you’ve been in this business long enough, you know how frustrating it can be when you can’t reach your lender!
More Posts for Realtors
If you’re looking for the best mortgage interest rate when buying a home or refinancing in California, the task almost seems overwhelming. But don’t worry,
Self-Employed Buyers – How to Get Them to the Closing Table Click Here to See Current Mortgage Rates With self-employed buyers, the challenge is real.